Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Favorite Radio Program

I've just read a blog post on the Hong Kong Economic Journal Forum that laments the lack of good radio music  programs and the lack of professional DJs nowadays.  It is said that the newer generation of DJs tend to use the air time and platform like Hyde Park Speakers' Corner rather than share their passion for music with the audience.

Late last year I discovered a Radio HK music program (Radio 5, channel AM 783) that is currently broadcast every Sunday from 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and which has become my favorite radio program because I love the nostalgic English oldies that the program host selects. (Prior to June this year, the program used to be broadcast every Wednesday night when there was no LegCo Meeting, and there used to be both English and Chinese songs on the program.)

Here's the link to the program archive:-

http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/programme.php?name=radio5/music_of_my_life&p=5275&m=archive&page=1&item=100

Have a pleasant trip down memory lane!

No comments: